From Fat to Fit Chick: : 80% Clean, 20% Other & PROUD to not be perfect   


Thursday, December 6, 2012

80% Clean, 20% Other & PROUD to not be perfect

I have no idea what is wrong with people lately.  It's like the Clean Eating Nazi's have invaded social media and they think it's their given right to tell the pee-on's how horrible they are for not doing it 100% clean.  To all of you that are like this....just freaking stop already.  It just makes me want to kick you in the face.

Just like that!  POW!

What is clean eating anyway?

To me it means no processed food. Eat lean meats, whole grains like quinoa, healthy fats, nuts, fresh fruit & vegetables.

Now I'm not totally against it but I can't be that restrictive.  I take that back, it's not that I "can't".....I just don't want to.  I like things like ice cream, cake, fried seafood, peppermint sticks, cheese that comes in a stick.  I don't eat these all of the time.  Ok maybe the string cheese and ice cream...gotta have ice cream every night (yes!  I *just* said that!)

So I found that eating clean about 80% of the time and then enjoying the other 20%, within reason...don't get the idea that I gorge myself.  Both need to stay within my daily points.

This makes me not PERFECT but I am totally ok with that.  I am Tanee.  I've lost 200 pounds by doing this.  I can run, dance, lift weights, kick box, cycle and keep up with my kids!  If the clean eating issue makes me mediocre then excuuuuuuse the heck out of me.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing ;)  


  1. I'd say I'm about the same ratio....

    I have cleaned up my diet a lot...but I am not a health purest. I indulge myself with a taste of something every now and then....I just am no longer bound by it as I once was before losing 60 pounds.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Congratulations! Outstanding job, 200 pounds is amazing. This is very similar to what we do - basically eating Paleo with some occasional ice cream. I've lost 100 but want to lose about 40 more. Your hard work and success are a great encouragement. -