From Fat to Fit Chick: : October 2012   


Thursday, October 25, 2012

This post was too good to lose on my Facebook page

Just in case you were wondering, I am a pretty busy mom of 3 kids. My husband travels a lot! When he is gone my work load doubles at home. If I'm not working part time, teaching classes, doing home parties or craft shows then my kids need to be at practice, school functions or some other activity. I seriously need a clone lol Not to mention my Aspie (Asperger's, high functioning autism) child
has meltdowns at school sometimes where I need to drop everything to go to him before he tears up the school.

Why am I telling you this?

We are all crazy busy with life. All of us....we live a very fast paced society.

Set your priorities. My/our healthy lifestyle happens to come first unless someone is bleeding profusely or has a broken bone.

Every Sunday I sit down and plan our meals. I'm not going to lie, it takes a lot of work when you first do it but after you do it a few times it does get easier. I get my recipes from Skinnytaste, Weight Watchers online, Cooking Light, or my WW cookbooks for the most part (like 99.9% of the time lol). I stop everything to do this because I know this keeps my life running smoothly.

I use
to organize everything (it's free or you can pay for more features). You can plan your meals, build your shopping list, has a recipe box you can save your fav meals to, keep track of your family schedule on there and more. Reminders are sent to my phone & they have an app.

My workout is also scheduled in. If not, I won't do it because I think "OMG, the dishes need to be washed before I do anything for myself"

Planning is essential to me *but* I also need to be flexible because things do come up.

I got my groove back!

I have been floundering for 6 months. The scale went up & down & up some more. I gained 30 pounds before I knew it.

Life happens & it will happen fast. I can try to come up with excuses about teaching a ton of exercise classes every week, the kids drove me crazy, my husband was gone more often than he was at home but you know what?

It's all excuses. I made poor choices & didn't plan. It's not like I didn't have to deal with all of that before. Lesson learned.

So what am I doing exactly? I get a lot of people asking me this & just because it may work for me doesn't mean it'll work for you. Losing weight, in theory, should be you consume less than what your body burns......but with our hormones, metabolism levels & other variables it isn't so cut and dry sometimes.

Ok back to what I'm doing....focus Tanee ;)

Y'all know I'm on Weight Watchers.  I eat for the most part lean meats, whole grains (limited, I have PCOS & with that comes insulin resistance), healthy oils, fat free dairy, fruits & veggies. That is my diet 90% of the time. The other 10% is left to "other", as long as it's in my points allowance.

I eat a lot!  I do not believe in starving yourself to lose weight, so if you are eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 2 hours a day...just stop.  Food is not the enemy and exercise is not a punishment.

For exercise, free weights, free weights, free weights, running, & Zumba. I do not exercise hours on end. 30-90 mins a day, depending on what I am doing. 

Did I mention free weights? ;)

When you add weights you will see dip ups but as long as you have an overall downward trend then you are getting it done.

I think the biggest thing is I found my why again, with that comes progress.

This picture explains it perfectly!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My first week back on Weight Watchers

I don't know why I have lost weight this first week but I am not questioning it!

Overall I really like the formula they use to determine points. As someone that has PCOS & needs to be mindful of's awesome :)

For the first time in a long time I'm not obsessing about macros. I feel relieved & not stressed.

This week I lost .6 pounds. Not bad considering last Friday was totally shot to hell with a piece of cake (doberge), a shot, 2 hand grenades, & a Rally's hamburger at 2am (drunk food lol).

I don't advocate that but sometimes being drunk while celebrating your birthday happens, right? ;)

I get carried away drinking like that once a year....don't judge lol

How was your week overall?